|What is Dwoo?
Dwoo is a PHP5 template engine which is (almost) fully compatible with Smarty templates and plugins, but is written from scratch for PHP5, and adds many features. --Taken from dwoo.org--
You can use php templates in your Pampoo powered application. This is an example action containing a view that will use dwoo template engine:
<view name="SUCCESS" type="dwoo">
Dwoo is very powerful and has many features including:
- Template Inheritance, a fresh look at complex template structures, now built without includes
- Sub-template declaration within templates to allow recursive templates.
- Smarty syntax compatibility with several additions and shortcuts to speed up template writing
- Flexible plugin creation, plugins can be wrapped in classes or simple functions, they can be precompiled to optimize the load time of the template, etc.
- Scope aware engine, allowing for shorter templates
- Unicode / UTF-8 support for string manipulation functions.
- Generally faster than Smarty with variable speed improvements depending on the features used.
- E_STRICT compliant code that does not throw PHP warnings.